Saturday, January 17, 2009

ffffound


If you are a visual artist, photographer, painter, graphic designer, or if you plain just like looking at pretty things, you need to go to this site: http://www.ffffound.com

Simply, it's an image bookmarking site whose members submit images with proper identifying tags, which are used to bring you images similar in style, subject, color, or...something. I'm assuming this is how it works, as the membership is invitation only (though anyone can browse through all of the images.)

Anyways, this has been a GOLDMINE and...a problem, because there are just too many things that I like! I go from one image to the next to the next to the next, let alone all of the links to the home of the original image, which is usually either the artist's site (which gives you even more to look at) or it's a blog dedicated to the discovery and sharing of pretty things (hence, even more to explore.)

So, upon discovering the site, I got lost on ffffound.com (oh you know I know about my stupid pun) for about three hours before I had to force myself to get off of the internet so I could finally poop. 

See? The site was so great, the importance of my own bowel movement was diminished.

Here are a couple of gems that I ffffound:



I love how wide this shot is...the composition is perfect, as is the focus, and the beautiful tones just seal the deal (for me.) 

When I can afford to get another tattoo, I want to commission this artist to design it for me. You NEED to check out his flickr site...I love his style and his use of maritime and folksy subjects.




1 comment: